Guidelines to the "Request for Audit and Inspection" System
Types of Requests for Audit
The “Request for Audit” system comprises “Citizens’ Request for Audit”and “Request for BAI's Audit on Public Interest.” Those who wish to make a request will need to choose either of these. Please refer to the following guidelines:
What is "Citizens’ Request for Audit"?
When citizens request the BAI to conduct an audit on matters as prescribed by law, BAI’s Citizens’ Audit Request Screening Committee composed of BAI executives and external experts determine whether to conduct such an audit. In accordance with the decision of the Committee, the BAI carries out the audit and notifies the result to the requester.
More than 300 citizens aged 20 or over should make a request in writing.
Matters for the request of the audit :
In case businesses of public agencies seriously harm public interest due to violation of laws or corruption.
How to make a citizens’ request for audit :
Requesters must fill in a Citizen’s Request for Audit Form for submission to the BAI Petitions Reception Center (Tel.02-2011-2087) with a list of requesters and related evidences, if any.
What is the Request for BAI’s Audit on public Interest?
In case sound civic groups or citizens who meet the prescribed requirements make a request for audit to the BAI on a specific matter for promoting public interest, BAI reviews the request for acceptance. Where appropriate, BAI carries out an audit without delay and notifies the audit results to the requester.
- More than 300 citizens aged 20 or over can make such a request in writing.
- Sound civic groups established for public interest
* Sound civic groups refer to those civic groups with more than 300 full members organized for public interest approved and registered in accordance with Subparagraphs 1 to 3 and 6 of Article 2 of the Act on Establishment and Support of Nonprofit Private Associations. However, interest groups which have propensity for politics, or pursue specific class or group interests are be excluded.
- Heads of entities subject to BAI’s audit;
- Local councils;
Matters subject to the request of audit :
- Abuse or mismanagement of budget in policy or program implementation;
- Serious delay in policy or program implementation due to agencies’ egoism;
- Significantly irrational administration, policies or institutions that need improvement;
- Businesses of public agencies which seriously harm public interest due to violation of laws or unjust actions.
How to make a request for BAI’s audit on Public Interest :
- Local councils and heads of entities subject to BAI’s audit can make a request in the form of an official document with an official seal of the heads of agencies concerned affixed;
- Civic groups can make a request in a prescribed form;
- Residents can make a request in a prescribed form;
- Requesters are asked to complete the Request for Audit Form and make a list of their names for submission to the BAI’s Petitions Reception Center (Tel.02-2011-2087) with evidences, if any.
112 Bukchon-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul 03050, KoreaTel : 82-2-2011-2114E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright (c) THE Board of Audit and Inspection of KOREA. All Rights reserved.